Escape.... | Teen Ink

Escape....

November 17, 2011
By MarissaWhitecloud SILVER, Oskaloosa, Iowa
MarissaWhitecloud SILVER, Oskaloosa, Iowa
7 articles 0 photos 84 comments

I'm sitting on the couch reading my favorite book. I look at the clock, 11:11, I made a silly wish an then told myself. After this chapter I'm going to bed. I herd the “click” of the door. At first I thought nothing of it but then I heard quiet foot steps coming toward me. As they got louder I started to think. It couldn't possibly be my parents because their at work. No one is supposed to be here. As the foot steps get louder and louder I see a man appear. He's wearing all black, and he has a mask on. The mask only showed his eyes and teeth. As he smiled he said “you should be asleep”. You would think that my first instinct would be to scream or to yell at him but I just get up and run.


I leave through the back door and I jump off my porch. I start running into the woods unaware of where I'm running to. I have to keep running, running with my fear in control. With just my socks on and running it feels like needles poking my feet but I can't stop. It's getting dark. I wasn't looking so I didn't see the tree leg that made me trip and fall to the ground. I started to get up but the man caught up with me and grabbed me. I struggle to pull away but he puts his hand over my mouth, I start to feel tired and week. When all of a sudden, everything goes black.


I wake up thinking everything was a dream but as I wake up I slowly realize I was wrong. My hands and feet are tied to a chair and I'm sitting in a dark room. There's a little light coming from a crack in the wall so I can kind of see a little. I try to remember everything before I blacked out but the last thing I remember is smelling something funny.

My feet hurt from running in the woods. I feel tired and weak. I sit there for a while looking around in the room, there's 1 door. I'm so tired that I start to fall asleep. My eyes were starting to close when I hear a car door slam, making my eyes shoot open. I hear an engine start and a noise slowly moving away. I wait until I can't hear the car anymore and I try to become loose. I am tired but the thoughts of what might happen to me gives me the strength to try. I wiggle my hands and feet and I scream as loud as I can. I doubt anyone can hear me. I'm about to give up but then, one of my hands becomes loose. I untie my other hand and feet. I stand up and walk towards the door. I desperately hope it will open. I slowly turn the knob thinking that it won't, but it does open.


I open the door and I look left then right. There's doors, lots of them. I try every one of them, none of them were opening, but If they did, there's nothing in them. I look down the hallway and think I see a turn. I run down there and look to my right, there are stairs. I go up them and there's another hallway full of doors. My heart sinks. I realize i've been a looking in these doors for a while. I know the man might come back soon. I try the doors. One by one. Until I get to the last one. I close my eyes praying it will open as I turn the knob. It twists all the way and I open it slowly. I step outside breathing in fresh air. I look around seeing lots of trees. I stand there thinking my way out when I hear a car.


I look up and see a van driving up from down the road. I'm not about to be caught again so I start to run. I think the person sees me because I hear the car stop and the door slam. I look behind me and see someone chasing me. I'm very weak so I start to run out of energy. When out of no where, I find my self on a cliff by the sea. Before I had any chances to think, I jump. While falling I feel the cold breeze on my face. My fears drifting away. I hit the water causing me to wake up.


I take a deep breath and look around. I'm in my house and in my room. I say out loud "it was only a nightmare, its over". I get up and shut my window. I think back recalling what happened in my dream. I get back in bed and I lay there for a while still in shock. I just keep thinking to myself “its over, I'm safe”. I try to fall asleep, and as I'm almost closing my eyes I notice a man step into my door way. It's the man from my dream. The man thats not supposed to exist. I instantly sit up in bed. Letting the fear take over again. He stares at me for a while. Then he finally smiles and says "the dreams not over yet".