Sweetly | Teen Ink

Sweetly

December 22, 2012
By quran_ducky BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
quran_ducky BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuess~


Sometimes revenge isn’t the answer, sometimes you should let it be and let Karma take over. I would’ve but Karma was taking too long. They hurt me and they should be hurt for that I hate them for that. They ridiculed me day in and day out for being different than them; I couldn’t take the pain anymore. They wouldn’t let me love who I wanted to love and maybe that’s why I snapped. I can’t even tell why I snapped, but one day it came to me, washed over my body like the newly fallen rain. Revenge. I tasted the word on my tongue, revenge, it tasted sweet. But how, how would I carry out this deed against her who had pained me so much, how.
It came to me in a dream one night, kill her. I probably looked like a madman by the eyes, waking in the middle of the night screaming to the heavens “I’ve found it!” but I didn’t care. I had revenge. And so I plotted, and plotted until the perfect plan had formulated in my mind. It started as a seed but it grew and grew until that seed was a tree for revenge.
And so I was ready to carry out this plan. The grandmother was sick and the little girl was expected to be here soon so I moved my feet a little quicker. Her soft sweet voice was singing a little folk tune, perfect for this occasion. I crossed paths with her completely “coincidently” A tip of the hat and I was gone, or so she thought. I followed her keeping at least one minute of distance between us. A sudden turn and she was gone, and I waited in the bushes surely knowing my plan had failed. I had lost the little girl nothing would work now. And then a scream “Help me!” My heart soared into the heavens resurged with hope. Not everything was lost. I ran to the source of the scram my axe swinging against my back. It was perfect everything was perfect.
The little girl looked up at me her big blue eyes widened with fear .The grandmother was on the floor withering in pain the source of this violence nowhere to been found. Nothing was there but a sleek gray wolf pacing back and forth a somewhat smirk on its snout. It was dressed in an exact replica of the grandmother’s dress and a pair of her glasses rested on its nose. I raised my axe and swung down on the wolf but the little girl stopped me. “He’s my friend.” She whispered burying her face in its grey fur. “I love him.” In shock my axe slipped out of my hand and slammed against the stone floors. But then why did she need help, why was the grandmother in pain, who hurt the grandmother. I looked back at the little girl looking her dead on. Her once blue eyes were now black, black as dried blood.
“Missed me?” she purred seductively as she stood up. She seemed taller now more adult now. Her red dress was now black too and she had something in her hands.
“I-I don’t know you.” I stammered.
“Oh well, such a pity.” She said stepping closer to me, a sharp glint reflecting in my eyes. “Let me introduce you to my friend though.” There was no one else in the room but me, the wolf, and the grandmother. Her arm lifted up and slammed into my back. And I crumbled to the floor red blossoming around me. This plan wasn’t working out as I expected. My vision was blanking in and out and my mind was going numb, I heard an animal like howl, and I blacked out. I woke up seconds later and the girl was walking to the door, it slammed shut and it was all dark. The last thing I heard before I closed was a little girl of about five calling out “Grandmother, grandmother?” and then the shattering of glass.


The author's comments:
A would be murderer came to the house of a grandmother, only to be shocked by the contents. A little twist on a classic fairy tale.