Iron Maiden | Teen Ink

Iron Maiden

By NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois
NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois

Like Moves On
Things Happen
I am my shadow self

Iron Maiden
Day: 1 Landing
Landing in New York City was not exactly what you think it would end up being. Over half a decade ago you could really see the happiness in everyone’s eyes. We had just won the war against China, the economy had just been bailed out by our foreign advisors, and our president had finally finished his second term in office. The reign of the electronically era had become to diminish. Many people were taking this back to like they were in the mid nineteenth century. Classic cars, low costs on goods; it was a time of peace and prosperity. As foolish as everyone else I had thought we had won the final battle of this ever long war, alas I was wrong.
Landing in the bay of New York was a definite treat for all of us in the plane. I was sitting next to the other gunners in the unit of men that were rookies to the unit. My name is Brock Miter 2nd Lt. to the United Nations of Virginia. Having had things go poorly for us in the last war this should tide up a few minor things in this new war. See after the major powers of the world United States, Russia, and China all decided it would be a fun time to start making nuclear bombs underneath peoples house and yards in rural areas, well the idea was ruled out from what I have been told over the last couple tours that a man in Wyoming was digging for water pipes because of the drought thy had just had well what he struck was not anything he was hoping for. He had hit a lithium pipe that was running nuclear waste all over the country. Long story short he decided to make his own bombs and tried to bomb the hated countries of the United States.
After the failed attempts on that he decided to make his own nuclear factory and try to run the United States government financial bankrupt which had worked for most of the decade, jobs were at an all-time low and nothing was really happening to anyone except the numerous riots and scandals on the man’s life his only opposition is to run to the only place he knows all too well and that place is New York City. The main job for us is to keep the man in check his name to us in “Gold Rush” code signs are such a pain to remember but it is well worth it for us. We would be able to say that we were the ones who stood at the doors of death while America was dying and we were the ones who had stopped the upcoming doomsday that had been so rightfully avoided over the past ten years. Looking into the eyes of the city I see the many millions of people I will be saving to stop this man and see to the end of the days of his terror.
The bombs hit us like rapid fire; I could hear the moans of the other men on the other side of me silently praying for their god to get them off this wreck and home alive. As I was getting ready to jump the bullets flew past us and I had only thirty seconds to count before I had to jump no exceptions. As I reached ten I saw what was the worst thing of my life the only thing I thought would be worse than seeing the underside of t the doors of death then the clock hit zero and the green light went on. I had no other choice but to jump and what awaited me was the one true thing I could never really face, then after taking a deep breath of the fast moving air thinning my lungs all things went black.

I am wanting to continue this one story as a series but id like to see what kind of feed back i can muster from this one peice i have in mid a grand total of 10 days of these stories, and yes some will be longer then others but id like some feedback on the story thankx for reading and I hope you ejoy it.