rumor | Teen Ink

rumor

May 31, 2013
By songgirl BRONZE, Scotland, Other
songgirl BRONZE, Scotland, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
live your life, but dream your dreams to the full!!!


I’m running, but I can hear the rapped footsteps behind me, I know I will never get to the boat on time, I know I must hide but…were?
My name is Emilee I’m 14 years old and today i die.
As a child I was always special, always the favourite always the golden child. My parents owned a small barn on some island, iv never been, but my brother said it was haunted by the spirits of a dead girl who died after being shot dead by an man with the 666 scrawled across his head and a room full of dead bodies. , I never believed those stories, not until I visited the land myself- it was the biggest mistake I would ever make, sadly it would be my last,
It was Sunday the 4th of May, I woke up at 6 in the morning crept down stairs and left leaving a note explaining were I had gone. I said I would be back at about 6 that night, I took some food, water and a blanket in case of emergency, I then walked down to the dock and without thinking jumped into a small wooden rowing boat then I left, there was a map, torch and first aid kit in the boat already, so I knew where I was going, I just didn’t know why.
I arrived at the bottom of the islands dock at about 8 in the morning I tied the boat up, swung my bag over my shoulders and walked up the steep path slipping on the sharp cold ice. When I reached the top I inhaled a deep breath not because of the beauty but quite the opposite, the small snow covered road leading to a forest of dead leafless trees made me shiver through my flesh, the only piece of property was the rotten run down barn that stood facing the sea, now I know why my parents never came here, it’s dead, lifeless not even a bird flew above the untouched snow.
The first thing I did was walk up to the barn and climbed into an smashed window .there was no door. I must of missed the sign that said no entry because when I fell from the window to the ground i swear I heard someone laugh.
When I woke I felt like all my bones in my body had broken, and my face was on fire. In reality I had fallen on a cold, hard floor with straw all around me. It was dark so I lifted the torch out of my bag and flicked the switch, what I saw scared the living soul out of me. It freaked me out so much I began to scream, somehow I managed to stand up, get outside and run. I ran till my feet ached from the cold snow melting as my feet touched it, I ran till I couldn’t breathe anymore, I ran till I heard the gun and saw the bullet, I ran to my death, the last thought that entered my head was, my brother was telling the truth.


The author's comments:
this is just an short copy, hope you like it - email me for a full story