I Know Your God | Teen Ink

I Know Your God

By StephenIsADumb BRONZE, Mayfield Heights, Ohio
StephenIsADumb BRONZE, Mayfield Heights, Ohio

"POOOOOOOOOOO!"
~Emily

N I G H T O N E

Oh jesus, I can hear that breathing again. Why must I go through this every freaking night? It’s gotten to the point where I’m not even surprised. I just, I really wa- no, I need this to stop! Not only does it wake me up in the middle of the night, but it’s just plain unnatural. There’s only one person in this house right now and that’s me. I do have two cats, but I doubt that they wheeze like an old man with an oxygen tank. Wait….what in the livi- I can hear groaning, groaning that is not my own. It’s right outside my bedroom door, I can see someone’s shadow. Please just wake me up from this nightmare. If this isn’t a dream, I’m either going absolutely INSANE or…or…m-maybe this is one of those paranormal things. I’ve had several friends and family over the years tell me about “ghostly” experiences and what not, so, I mean, why the hell not? Perhaps this is my fifteen minutes of spiritual fame, maybe my house sits on a burial ground! This is a relatively old lot I rented out and all. Oh god what if I end up like that family in “Poltergeist”? Please God don’t let that happen to me. I don’t know, maybe I’m just second-guessing my decision to move out here and it’s manifesting itself as a “stress” ghost. What the hell am I saying…stress g- that’s not even a thing! Auuuuugh, I guess I’ll just ride out the rest of the night and tomorrow if it’s still persisting, I’ll give…oh I don’t know..TAPS a call.

N I G H T T W O

I can feel eyes on me from every direction. Seriously, I’ve been sitting in my living room watching a movie and every time it’s silent, it feels like someone’s right behind me. I actually attempted to make a call earlier for an investigation of my house, but to no avail. There must’ve been ten, fifteen contacts I went through and nearly all of them were either busy or not willing to travel out to my place. What a joke. I get it that I don’t have physical evidence of a presence here, but can’t they at least come stay the night and see what my situation is? Hell, I don’t care how much I’d have to pay, as long as I can get another living person’s input on this. It figures though that even the people who cater to this kind of thing can’t help me. Guess I’ll just curl up in a ball on my couch for now; at least I have my cats to console me.

N I G H T T H R E E

I want to scream. I want to punch every wall I see. Whatever the hell this thing is it needs to GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! My cats are absolutely nowhere to be found. Every piece of furniture is turned over. This…no, I shouldn’t be thinking like that. It couldn’t be that dreaded “D” word. I hope to God that this is just something simple-minded, an everyday-man’s ghost.