Bram Stokers Dracula | Teen Ink

Bram Stokers Dracula

"You may go anywhere you wish in the castle, except where the doors are locked, where of course you will not wish to go. There is reason that all things are as they are, and did you see with my eyes and know with my knowledge, you would perhaps better understand." During the nineteenth century a young man was taken to Transylvania, and was introduced to his host Count Dracula. During a seven month time period Jonathan Harker was seduced, had friends die come to life and die again, and killed his host.

“Count dracula's face is strong; his high, thin nose is aquiline, and his nostrils seem to arch peculiarly; his shaggy brows almost meet, and his bushy hair seems to curl in profusion. His mouth, thick and white, covers "sharp white teeth which protrude over the lips." His ears are pale and pointed, and his cheeks are firm but extremely thin. His breath is fetid and rank." during his stay Jonathan found that his host would commonly be absent during mealtime and that his servants were never to be found. While shaving Jonathan nic’s his neck and is greeted by Draculas’ hand grasping at his neck.

The count has multiple wives, and after his knowledge of him being trapped in the castle he is “greeted” by three of the wives. To his surprise the three women are vampires like their husband. Jonathan is seduced by the women, but as the realization sets in he quickly fights for his life. as well as tries to kill his host, Count Dracula.

Upon his escape his fiancée in England, Mina Murray, is visiting her friend Lucy Westenra. Lucy is attacked after Draculas escape and has a habit of sleepwalking. as time progresses Lucys' health becomes scarce and once mina leaves to reunite with her fiancé she dies and is put in her tomb. Upon her death a creature who has been attacking young children in the area has been labeled as "the Bloofer Lady,". Lucys’ fiancé and her suitors decide to open her tomb to find Lucy's’ body absent. All seems bleak until Lucy enters the room as one of the undead carrying a mortal child. The men for their love for Lucy decide to kill her.

Upon Jonathan's return the Count has returned as well. Late at night Jonathan is found unconscious and Mina is found sucking the blood from the Counts chest. once noticed the count disappears, but is later found by the group that is still alive. After fighting gypsies the group gets the counts body as Jonathan cut off his head and Quincey Morris, one of Lucy's’ former suitors, stabs him with a wooden stake. During the battle Quincey Morris dies of fatal wounds from the gypsies.

In the 1800's Jonathan Harker visited Count Dracula on a business trip. The Count imprisoned Jonathan while killing his friends and winds up being killed.

This artical is my inturpritation of Bram Stokers book "Dracula".