The Eyes | Teen Ink

The Eyes

By bunnybuns BRONZE, Bristow, Virginia
bunnybuns BRONZE, Bristow, Virginia

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who's for or against it."

While walking down the corridor I spot two eyes glowing faintly. I take another look at them and they’ve disappeared. I rub my glasses; maybe age has made me mad, for I saw clearly two eyes staring into my soul. Of what wonder could these eyes belong to. A horrible monster, or maybe lost child, could be a stray cat. My mind wanders at the idea of the creature, as I start to stumble down the hall. My eyes begin to blur and again the two eyes meet mine, followed by a deafening roar. The creature grabs me by the collar and throws my shell against the wall repeatedly, while grimacing and dripping saliva everywhere. After most of the strength is drained from my body the beast scratches down my chest with its large claws, almost ripping my heart clean out and spurting my life onto the walls. Mud leaks out of my body slowly, and I lose consciousness while I hear the rush of an ambulance from a distance. My breath has been taken away and my fingers lay clasped as I drown in a pool of my own blood. The eyes have undertaken my everything.

I hope that anyone who reads this short story will feel the chills that I did when writing it.