the Foxtrots | Teen Ink

the Foxtrots

It was a Sunday morning and the sun was beaming over the horizon. The day seemed to be perfect so Dr. Foxtrot decided he wanted to go on an outing with his very spoiled one and only grandson Mike. Dr. Foxtrot decided to walk to mike’s house and pick him up due to the spectacular elements of sunshine and warmness.
As he was strolling along the sidewalk the Dr. could not believe how beautiful it was outside. He wondered “how could it be so pretty in Seattle” but he disregarded his statement and kept on walking. He reached mikes massive Victorian mansion and rang the doorbell. His 4 year old grandson answered the door and in his happy, go lucky little voice said “Grandpa I’m ready to go”. Dr. Foxtrot said “It’s up to you where we go today mike; you decide.” Mike said lets go to the zoo Grandpa.
As they were walking to the zoo they felt a cold rush of wind and saw a steak of lightning in the midst of sunshine. Then all of a sudden they looked up in the sky and saw black clouds circling everywhere and it starting to pour a loud cold rain. Dr. Foxtrot said, “We have to run mike follow me”. So they ran to the nearest building in site and it just happened to be a little run down restaurant. They decided to sit down and get some brunch. As they were deciding what to order 2 men walked in. One man walked into the restaurant. He sat down. He ordered a cup of coffee. He paid and left. The other man walked up to the cash register. He pulled out a something from his pocket and was talking to the cashier. As the Dr. looked closely it was a gun! Mike and his grandfather were so afraid they ran out of the restaurant and called the police. Eventually the authorities came and everybody was ok. Little mike said “Grandpa I can’t wait to see were we go on our next adventure!”

Ember1017 said...
Ember1017, Las Vegas, Nevada

ok...

made*

Ember1017 said...
Ember1017, Las Vegas, Nevada

ok...

same i think this was both make for a younger audience, and made by one

Daniel_May27 SILVER, Buffalo, New York

There is little success where there is little laughter.

I have to agree with you. No offense to the author, but this truly was horrible with multiple spelling and grammatical errors.

AndriaGromley SILVER, Hillsdale, Pennsylvania

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away...

No offence, but this was horrible. you had grammar mistakes, spelling errors, punctuation errors, and the story was pointless.