Missing | Teen Ink

Missing

By Peyton Boling BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
Peyton Boling BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas

Missing
Kylie and Haven buckled up for what they thought was going to be the best trip of their lives.
“Next stop, London!” said the flight attendant.
The two are ecstatic about their senior trip. They have dreamed about this trip since they were twelve, just the two of them exploring London! But, crime had been big in England and both of their parents were uneasy, though the two best friends promised they would be safe.
“Oh my Gosh, Kyle! We are here!” said Haven ecstatically waking Kylie.
They both hurried and grabbed their belongings and ran to the baggage claim. Haven’s yellow and blue striped suitcase came out first followed by Kylie’s. They then both caught the first taxi available to the hotel.
The friends stood in awe of how magnificent the 702 Palace. Kylie rushed to the front desk to check them in. Their parents had booked them a suite.
They immediately called their parents to thank them.
“Mom, Dad, you have seriously out done yourselves!” shrieked Haven into the phone.
The two looked around the whole suite pointing out how wonderful everything was.
“Hey H!” said Kylie, “I think I am going to go shopping.”
“That’s fine. I’m going to hit the pool,” said Haven.
After spending the afternoon at the pool, Haven decided to head upstairs. There she found Kylie’s things thrown everywhere.
“Kyle!” yelled Haven, “Kylie are you here?”
Haven received no answer and panicked. She checked the whole suite and continued to scream Kylie’s name. She locked the door worried someone else would be back. Haven then called her brother sobbing.
“Jason, Kylie is gone! She isn’t anywhere around the hotel, her stuff is thrown everywhere in the room, and I don’t know what to do!” screamed Haven into the phone.
“Do I need to come?” asked Jason.
“Please!” pleaded Haven.
Haven picked up Jason from the airport the next morning. There was still no sign of Kylie.
“She said she was going shopping?” asked Jason, “So, let’s head to the mall first.”
The two siblings rushed to the biggest mall in London, figuring that’s probably where she headed. They checked her favorite stores and by the picture they showed them, everyone had seen her. A cashier at Nordstrom’s said she saw her leaving with two guys.
Jason turned to Haven and asked, “Why would she lave with two strangers?”
“I don’t think she did, said Haven with a worried look, “I believe she was kidnapped and they forced her to play it off like she was with them.”
They called the police and told them all the information they knew. The police immediately sent out search warrants. Haven called Kylie’s parents and they flew out to London to help the police with anything they could. The London Police Department searched for months and months, but finally had found her eight months later. Kylie James was announced dead after finding her buried behind an old shop January 17th, 2014 at 8:22a.m.