The Freaky Halloween Night | Teen Ink

The Freaky Halloween Night

October 6, 2014
By Kaylee Edgar BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
Kaylee Edgar BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Freaky Halloween Night

The day before Halloween, Conner and Macie were walking down the halls of the school, when one of their friends hands them each an invitation to go to a Halloween party at an abandoned hospital.
“It’s a pretty long ride down here,” said Macie, as the road twist and turned. Finally Connor and Macie got off the paved road and were on a gravel road. Then out of nowhere, Connor shouts and slams on the breaks.
He looks over at Macie and yells “Did you see that?”
Macie replies “No, what was it?”
Connor says back “There was like a figure standing in the road it looked like a man dressed in black!”
Then Macie says “You are just seeing things, keep driving.”
Connor did what he was told. Later on down the road Connor felt the car getting slower and slower, until it came to a stop.
Macie looks at Connor and asked “What just happened?”
Connor replies “Well I guess we ran out of gas, so we will have to walk the rest of the way.”        While getting out of the car, Connor could hear something like air coming out of the tires, so he started looking at the tires, only to notice that all four tires had been slashed. “That’s odd” said Connor.
“Let’s just start walking and try not to worry about it.” Said Macie. While walking they hear noises like somebody is walking behind them. But every time they look nobody is there. Macie and Connor start walking faster because they are getting a little creeped out. Finally, after about one mile of walking they see the hospital and look around in the parking lot, but nobody is there and they are ten minutes late. So Connor and Macie just sat on the ground hoping somebody would show up. Five minutes later they hear someone from inside the hospital yelling
“Help, somebody help me!” So Macie and Connor look at each other and take off running toward the hospital. They get to the hospital door and Connor knocks.
“No answer.” He tells Macie.
“Well just go in.” said Macie.
So both Connor and Macie, with all of their strength open the heavy, rusted, metal door, slowly and carefully trying not to make it screech.
When they got the door fully open, they stepped inside. As soon as they were inside, the door slammed shut. Connor and Macie then looked around and noticed four other people were just sitting on the floor, staring at the wall. So Connor and Macie just sat close to them, but the weird thing is, nobody was talking at all. Then all of a sudden Connor and Macie hear this person walking down the hall with chains wrapped around the person’s feet. Suddenly the sound was gone. Macie gets up and tries to open the door, but it does not move.
Connor says “I guess we are stuck until somebody comes to find us.”
Macie replies “I guess we better go find a place to stay.”
They both go looking together. Macie stops at room 311, the surgery room, hoping to find a bed, pillow, or a blanket. She opened the door but did not walk in. Connor ran straight into her, and he looked up confused. Macie was breathing quick, eyes unblinking, and fixed forward into the surgery room. Connor shifted his eyes and slowly turned his head, half afraid to see what Macie was looking at. In the dark surgery room in the little bit of light that was filtered onto the floor through the blonds, illuminated a pair of black boots, facing Macie and Connor, which were connected to a pair of limp legs. The rest was blocked by a dark figure. The light flickered and the man was gone.
Connor and Macie started running back to the entrance, but right before they got there the same man Connor seen going down the road, was now directly in front of them. Connor and Macie take off running in another direction. They were running so fast that they did not see the trap the lied straight ahead, and Macie fell right into the trap and the guy in black was hovered over her with a knife pointed at her throat. She woke up screaming at breathing heavily.
After Macie was fully awake, she then realized that she had one of the scariest dreams of her life. She got out of bed and id her normal things. She showed up at school and she was walking with her friend Connor down the hallway when one of their friends hands them each an invitation to go a Halloween party at an abandoned hospital.