Back to Before | Teen Ink

Back to Before

By Beuatiful_Chaos BRONZE, Iuka, Mississippi
Beuatiful_Chaos BRONZE, Iuka, Mississippi

It’s cold, dark, and damp. I’m stuck, and I can’t move.Their almost here, I can hear their footsteps right outside. Thier coming for me. I’m holding my breath, scared that they will hear me. For if they do I am over for. They’ve stopped, it’s been quiet for a couple minutes. Maybe they are gone? I consider opening the door, maybe I can make a run for it? No, I still can’t, my foot is stuck. I think it might be broken, it won’t move. I can’t give up now, I was this close to the serum, and I still have a chance. If I could just get past these guys.

Right as I am about to burst through a floorboard creaks. I freeze with my hand on the door and in mid-breath. I hear violent, rushed whispers outside my little cabinet door. They start fading so I release a breath of air I was holding. I slowly open the door and look up and down the long hallway that was once my home. I wait about two minutes before I dart out and head for the door. There it is, the door that could change everything, it’s right there at my fingertips. I smell the fresh air, see the vibrant greens, blues, and oranges. Im outside again, I can change what has happened and everything will go back to how it was before.