Lost In The Woods | Teen Ink

Lost In The Woods

By camila2001\ BRONZE, Keller, Texas
camila2001\ BRONZE, Keller, Texas

As I turned around to look behind, I noticed that there was no way out. The small opening I had entered from had transformed into more open woods. I was surrounded by the cold presence that was the wilderness. I focus my attention on the morphed bike that was now a part of the tree. The rusted metal seemed to be blend into the trunk. However, there was ssomething more important, Marianna was gone; and the only thing that remained was the faint smell of her perfume and the footprints that marked the soft soil. The footprints walked toward the tree and then the began to fade. When I was close to the tree I saw Marianna and no loger the rusted bike. Her blue lips let me know that her last breath had come and gone long before I laid my eyes upon her. My heart began to beat faster and louder like the growing rhythm of a drum, the gentle blowing wind, and the crunch that occured in every step I took conjured a kind of comforting music. I felt dispair for the loss of my best friend, but my frightened tears managed to trap themselves inside my eyes. The bright moon is bright no more; it's covered by the dark thoughts of everyone around the world. I feel alone and condined by my own dark thoughts, which linger through my mind. I feel lost in this wilderness.