Hansel and Gretel | Teen Ink

Hansel and Gretel

By Alan_Perez BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
Alan_Perez BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

Short Story

Once upon a time there are two siblings named Hansel and Gretel that cared for each other very much.Hansel and Gretel lived very happily with their father unfortunately their mother died by cancer.Hansel and Gretel had a hard time to recover from what happened to their mother.  They were sad and their father decided to send them to their grandmother’s house so she could cheer them up.  So they pack their bags and off they go.

Once they show up, their grandmother offers them lots of sweets.  They eat and eat until they think they will burst. Yes, their dad was right - they do feel a little better. Going to Grandmother’s house was ok!
Gretel was the most depressed so she needed to talk the most.  Grandmother noticed this and started to talk to her. 
Grandmother and gretel started a conversation of what happened and they soon changed the topic so they can feel happy. Grandmother mentioned the topic of food again and suggested gretel to eat more.Gretel started eating more once again.Grandmother was planning on making the get full with food so her plan can go as planned.On the other hand Hansel was eating wings because he loves chicken wings. He was eating a lot of them because not only were they good but he ate all the meat off of the wings that it was clean.Hansel noticed something was going on because grandma kept telling Gretel to eat. Hansel started to walk slowly to the door to see what's up. Hansel slowly opened the door and to a surprise Gretel was being strangled and grandmother said “YOU WILL DIE TODAY AND I SHALL TAKE YOUR SOUL” Gretel tried yelling for help.HelppPp Hansel help” Hansel scream and said “I'm coming” By the time Hansel was in the room they were gone. Turned out the went down stairs because the door in the hallway was opened.Hansel slammed the door open and herd Gretel screaming. Hansel ran and tackled grandmother to the ground and gretel quickly ran to the corner to be safe.Hansel removed grandmothers hoodie and it was mom. At first the kids were happy but then were shocked of what happened. They immediately called the police and their father. The police showed up and their mother was arrested and was sent to jail with charges attempting to rape and kidnap kids.After that Hansel,Gretel and Dad lived happily ever after.
THE END!!!!

i just love reading all the different kinds of versions of the story Hansel an Gretel