the boy who disappeared | Teen Ink

the boy who disappeared

By Melonn PLATINUM, Phoniex, Arizona
Melonn PLATINUM, Phoniex, Arizona

change your life

Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
John Ada

I sat on the bench eating my melting ice cream cone. People walked by in a rush and I people watched. A boy with red hat came by. He looked troubled and had his head down. As he passed by I said, 'hi.'
I don't know why I suddenly smiled at him when he looked up.
'What do you want?' he grumbled.
He sat down and put his head in his hands.
'Have a bad day?'
He stared at me and asked, 'Why would you care?'
' Because I like strangers! They all have different attitudes, some rich, poor, and I like the loose open-minded people or just waste time listening to bombastic people rant,' I said,' people get very silly sometimes.'
He took off his hat and said,' why do people have it so good?'
' 'If you can't change your fate, change your attitude' Amy tan said that, think about it, there might be more people who wish they were you!' I said smiling.
He looked up and smiled showing tiny white teeth. His smile lifted some kind of weight off my chest. It was a strange, kind smile.
' I have to go,' he said getting up.
I watched him cross the busy street. It was strange now that he was on the other side of the street. He stood watching me and I looked down. I noticed he forgot his hat. I grabbed and stood up going after him. When I looked up he was gone. I looked down the road; wasn't there. I wonder if I would see him again. And I walked off into the sunset.