The Worst Form of Bullying | Teen Ink

The Worst Form of Bullying

By Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other
Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other

I used to think falling in love would be personal. But it's all a big public show.

People often behave rashly and contemptuously while talking about others. For instance there are a lot of people who, in the process of passing judgment, often utter a hideously discriminated remark. Such people don’t think before speaking. What they consider to be a mot; a witty remark; is something that can lead to open suicide. Since we are incorrigible, so we don’t learn from our mistakes, repeating them again and again. Sometimes we venture too far, ending up in the valley of death and doom only by our actions.
A lot of people claim that what they say is unintentional and not meant to hurt others. That can be considered as the lamest excuse anyone can make up to account for their behavior. What they consider funny, though unintentional, can often drive another person to harming oneself. In fact a staggering majority of people suffer from depression and angst only because they have been publicly degraded. Who has given us the power to deride and denigrate others?
We don’t realize that our actions do matter. Every little word we say leaves an impact on the other person, no matter how small. Consider the following prototype: people who suffer from dwarfism often complain that they are degraded on the basis of their small stature. That alone serves as an analysis of our moral downfall; how deeply we have sunk in the sea of maliciousness. Our cruel remarks can ruin and mar a person’s happy life. This is the worst form of bullying and if we can put a stop to it, we can make our society a better place to live in. It is our duty to undo what has been done. Dream of shining heights and do your part. One good deed deserves another. Who knows the person you support today might save you tomorrow?

alwayssunshine PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina
I agree. If only we used our wonders to make people feel better about themselves instead of worse...