Is it fame or is it bullying? | Teen Ink

Is it fame or is it bullying?

January 17, 2013
By Marvinn GOLD, Cannon Beach, Oregon
Marvinn GOLD, Cannon Beach, Oregon
10 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone."- dr. suess


Love started out on a summer's eve, but became as bare as December's trees. Fame made an offer she couldn't refuse. Now it's the shadow that she can't lose.
Oh lonely world, innocence you stole. Took a trusting girl and swallowed her whole.
Her hopes, past, and memories, create the songs they pay to see. She had the world, but then she lost it. Her tears became money in someone's pocket. She put her pain on the page. Lyrics of her loss and rage.
Oh cruel world, innocence you stole. Took a trusting girl and swallowed her whole.
The lights gleam and people knew her name, but too late she realized it was all a game. Her heart went from on her sleeve, to the tabloid page for them to read. They quote her now on what she has not said, as she wakes up in a stranger's bed.
Oh cold world, innocence you stole. Took a trusting girl and swallowed her whole.


The author's comments:
I wrote this after listening to people beat down on Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift. I don't think people ever wonder if Kim Kardashian is sad because she doesn't get the privacy we do. Poor Taylor can't get into a relationship without people hating her. I just feel bad for them, it turns fame into bullying.