Do You Really Consider | Teen Ink

Do You Really Consider

By jaimeexo SILVER, Hope, Rhode Island
jaimeexo SILVER, Hope, Rhode Island

Your words are like a clean blade
They slice into my heart
With every cruel joke
Or secretive whisper
They cut deeper into me
Deeper
And
Deeper
They go
Until one day
Those words
Of playful banter
Or hateful names
Actually turn into a blade
And instead of my heart
That blade finds my arm
And it cuts
Deeper
And
Deeper
Into me
Until my once clean arm
Shows how I feel
And look inside
But I’ll just brush my makeup on
And pull out that fake smile
And long sleeved shirt
And perform my little act for the world
I’ll show on the outside
That I’m happy
But no one will ever care enough
To pull up my sleeve
Look me in the eyes
And tell me
That everything
In the end
Will be
Okay

Sketched97 PLATINUM, Silver Spring, Maryland
I like it. You're good at expressing intense emotions and I think it's relatable. My only complaint is that the line breaks make it awkward to read.

tealbird said...
This is powerful. I like the flow, it adds a really nice touch to the writing. I have zero ability to write poetry, so I really admire people with your kind of talent.

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Wow... This is really touching. I hope it's not something you wrote from experience... But if it is, things DO get better:) and I loved how you personified the mean words into a blade, that really caught me by surprise! Great transition, I understood your emotions perfectly.

Sakuya PLATINUM, Richmond, Virginia
I like the structure of this, I'm not sure if you meant it to be this way but it reminds me of the edge of a blade. This piece is great it has great description and the short and detached words used really add a strong voice

Apollo77 PLATINUM, Brunswick, Ohio

"All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.”
"Madame, all stories, if continued far enough, end in death, and he is no true-story teller who would keep that from you."
-Ernest Hemingway

oh wow, this is totally scary and awesome. I love free verse personally and this has so much emotion. I love when poetry shows the decent, it's a lot of what I like to write about and stuff, and you nailed it. really great poem.

Kris_10 GOLD said...
Kris_10 GOLD, North Scituate, Rhode Island

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." -Theodore Roosevelt

OMG IM TOTALLY YOUR #1 FAN!!!! <3 

but this is amazing! i want to cry. please come to writing club. your 4567890433987652467890428576883290 times better than me and we all want you there