One of Those Kids | Teen Ink

One of Those Kids

April 20, 2013
By Apostolic-Girl SILVER, Athens, Ohio
Apostolic-Girl SILVER, Athens, Ohio
7 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
...But there are still stars in the dark night sky...


I was one of those kids… one of those no- named kids sitting at that table, invisible to the rest of the world, unseen by everyone and everything.

I was one of those kids with no past, present or future, just struggling to make it through life. I was one of those kids who thought ‘just get through the day… don’t talk… don’t be noticed… just get it over with…’ I was one of those kids.

I was one of those kids, whose mother hated her so much that she would lock me in a closet for no reason. I was one of those kids, who didn’t get out until my dad unlocked the door.

I was one of those kids, who got beaten so bad that I couldn’t stand or sit… I was one of those kids, who got pregnant from my high brother. I was one of those kids, who had no escape from the horror of life…

I was one of those kids, who had no friends at school. Whose grades where bad because I couldn’t take my focus off the pain coming from my back. I was one of those kids, who couldn’t write because of my aching hands. I was one of those kids, whose boyfriend slapped and pulled my hair.

I was one of those kids, who ended up in the hospital because I was beaten so badly. I was one of those kids, who got no visit from anyone while in the hospital. I was one of those kids.

I was one of those kids who took pictures to escape the cloud of reality. Who wrote her feelings to hide from real life.

I was one of those kids, who felt as if no hope would ever be found. I was one of those kids, no different from the rest… hiding my feelings in a note book, where no one would ever see.


I was one of those kids…