Realize | Teen Ink

Realize

April 26, 2013
By Kbuschan PLATINUM, South Plainfield, New Jersey
Kbuschan PLATINUM, South Plainfield, New Jersey
25 articles 0 photos 64 comments

Favorite Quote:
Fall in love or fall in hate; Get inspired or be depressed; Ace a test or flunk a class; Make babies or make art; Speak the truth or lie and cheat; Dance on tables or sit in the corner; Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Breathe. And enjoy the ride...


Your eyes are fixated on an object at an arms distance from you and behind this object lies a door. It is enticing, but the floor tiles grip the rubber on the soles of your feet. You want so badly to sprint towards that door, but the floor has taken an interest towards your soles. The object stands still, facing you, seemingly mocking you. You grow a bit uneasy. The light fixture above your juvenile head starts to flicker. Once again you glance towards the door and a bead of sweat caresses your cheek, kisses your lips, and hangs on for dear life near your chin until at last it falls towards the ground. It does not go unnoticed by this object. It is an observant one. The wall that you have kept up is slowly crumbling. It is showing your fear and distracting you. A gush of wind forcefully pushes itself into the side of your cheek that the salty bead of sweat once slid down. It is bruised. Your wall has been broken. Its’ pieces lay beside you on the hard cold tiles. The light fixture illuminates your shame as you now stare up into it, just hopelessly hoping for some relief. But a shadow overcomes any chance of this hope. It is the object, smiling. Smiling at your expense. You begin to release teardrops from the corners of your eyes. It only pushes the object into further enjoyment. You think what kind of an object enjoys the pain of others? And then the object walks away, looking for its next prey as you are no use to it anymore. You are a toy used to its fullest extent. The object got a boost of confidence from you because you allowed it to. Everyone watching allowed this object to take away your confidence, to steal it heartlessly. Do people not realize a bully when they see one?....