Bulling Around the World | Teen Ink

Bulling Around the World

Most kids don’t understand the long term effect of bullying because the person or people that are bullying someone don’t think about what they do before they do it. Bullying makes kids feel different, powerless, unpopular, and alone. Some would argue bullies need to let out frustrations on others, but bullying must be stopped because it can hurt people emotionally and physically.

Kids who are bullied don’t want to show that they are really hurt inside because they don’t want to seem like a coward. Kids who get bullied don’t want to draw attention to them. Most of the time it is fear. It can lead to the victims to be sad, lonely, or nervous. Also having problems in school and bullying other people. “Bullies (usually boys) hit, push, trip, steal from or destroy the possessions of their victims.”(Bully.org) “Other ways that bullying happens is name-calling, intimidation, spreading, rumors and social isolation (mainly girls) is also common ways that bullies harass.”(Bully.org)

Kids bully other kids for many different reasons. The common reasons are because they want to copy friends, they want to fit in, and the bully is sometimes being bullied themselves. Most of the time it’s because they want to get a laugh out of there other friends and they think that the victims are powerless, so they keep doing it. “Research shows that half of all children are bullied at some time during school years. More than 10% are bullied regularly (Bully.org). In the seventeenth the term began to mean “fine fellow,” “bluster,” then “harasser of the week.” Over 30% of children who have been bullied at school are bullying other kids using verbal abuse (which is the most common form of bullying) 40% having been physically threatened. Bullying could be good in one way. If a child is being bullied “Learning how to fight back or stand up for them helps the child mature.”(Mail online)

Kids feel like there is no one to talk to because they get bullied. Usually they commit suicide or bully other kids because they feel threatened. Sometimes kids don’t want to stand up for themselves because they are too afraid, they don’t want to make a big scene and possibly get bullied even more. Bullying can make a person do things that they will regret, that’s why it is so important not to bully. I think that adults should be more alert and watch for bulling.