Before It Is Gone | Teen Ink

Before It Is Gone MAG

I believe that we as Americans are the worst offenders in the careless destruction of our earth. We are all so caught up in the things that we can benefit from that we don't think about how they are ruining our earth. What I'm talking about is not only hurting the earth, but humans and animals as well: water pollution, air pollution, and litter. I find it very irritating when I can't even visit a beach because of the trash that people have carelessly left behind, not to mention the hypodermic needles washed up on the shore. You most certainly wouldn't be able to bring a child to the beach with those hazards.

I have the most sympathy for the helpless animals in situations like this. They don't know what pollution is and just continue to live as usual. Animals like seagulls or fish are either going to get their beak caught in a plastic holder for a six-pack or die from swimming in the oil swamps that people call water. It just proves that people in today's society are extremely lazy. Come on now! How hard is it to throw your trash into a barrel? I think that if people just cared a little then it would help a lot. As far as we know, there is only one earth and we only have one life to live. Why don't we start thinking about our future and stop killing ourselves and our home: the earth. ^