Why Veganism | Teen Ink

Why Veganism

Why becoming vegan is a healthy option for you. Becoming vegan has many benefits, like being healthy, look younger, and become stronger. Also it will benefit many men and women by looking younger at a certain age. How much do you know about the meat industry and how harmful it is for you and how much they hurt animals. The health benefit’s of becoming vegan is that it’s known to cure many things, like disease and sicknesses. There are many fruits and vegetables that will benefit you. one of them is watermelon, honeydew melon, dill and dandelion. These are just some examples on the types of fruits and vegetables, but there are many fruits and vegetables that are good for you.

Well not a lot of people know about the meat industry either for ignorance, they don’t care, or they don’t know.  In the meat industry they harm the animals in many ways, like the calf’s when their born they dispose of the males by killing them or torturing them until they die and separate the females calf’s for dairy products. They inject hormones and antibiotics that we don’t need. Yes it seems odd, but we don’t need antibiotics, because any antibiotics can’t distinguish between the “bad” and the “good” bacteria, which can cause a yeast infection. I saw this video where they milk the cows nonstop until the cow gets tired and falls. Then they push the cows with a machine and send them to the slaughter house because they are not useful anymore.  The other video I saw was a baby calf drinking milk from the mother, and the man pulled the calf away from the mother and started to hit the calf on the head with a crowbar. Our bodies don’t recognize meat, and especially now that they put hormones, antibiotics, and stress we don’t need which gives us toxins in our body. They torture the cows before they get slaughtered alive and that is why the meat becomes stressed. The industry said that you can only get protein from meat, but it’s not true you can get your protein from seeds, nuts, and vegetables.

There are many health benefits of being vegan. For example, it is known to cure diseases like cancer, aids, Alzheimer’s, heart disease, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia and ect. It also helps you with acne, sinus, headaches, migraines, allergy, and ect. It is known to cure sicknesses like flu, cold, and sleep apnea, and more. The way they get rid of diseases, sicknesses and other stuff by juicing vegetables and fruits. There are many types of juices specialized for certain things like for the immune system you juice carrots, apples, & oranges. To increase blood circulation you juice grapefruit, orange, cranberries, lime and ginger root.  Another type of juice for muscular degeneration you juice carrots, peaches, lemons and fresh basil.  Finally for everyone that suffers acne would be juicing carrots, orange, apples, beat root and lemons. by eating fruits and vegetables will help you be healthy and fit.

Fruits and vegetables is the way to have a happy and healthy life. Many fruits and vegetables have their benefits.  An example would be watermelon which has health benefits of the prevention of kidney disorders, high blood pressure the prevention of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, heat stroke, macular degeneration and impotence.  The benefits of honeydew can prevent an increase in blood pressure, can boost your immune system so you can prevent illness and infection, also to strengthen your tissues such as blood vessels, bones, and promotes brain function. Vegetables like dill in which the benefits are the ability to boost digestive health, relief from insomnia, hiccups, diarrhea, dysentery, menstrual disorders, respiratory disorders, and cancer. Finally the benefits of dandelion include relief from liver disorders, diabetes, acne, urinary disorders, jaundice, cancer, and anemia.

In conclusion, the reason why my family became vegan is because we were going through a lot of health issues. My dad had liver, kidney, and sinus problems and now that we have been juicing all the problems went away. The health issues I had were acne, insomnia, really bad headaches, really bad sore throats and weight problems. All of that went away when I started to being vegan. My little sister is very skinny and suffers from high cholesterol and now it’s gone. Our bowl movements are very regular. Ever since we started juicing two times a day and eating vegetables, fruits, seeds, rice, and beans three times a day we became a lot more healthier. All our sicknesses and diseases are gone. We feel much healthier than when we used to eat meat and dairy. Our bodies  are alive in which we need to eat live things like vegetables and fruits no dead and processed products that makes us sick or gets us killed. Animals deserve respect they don’t deserve to be tortured. That is why people should become vegan.

the thing that inspired me would be the people that are being affected by the food that they eat.

Angel17 said...
WOW!!!! you convinced me! now I relize how much junk we put into are bodies, and the poor animals ='(but now I have changed my life style because of your well wsritten,touching,surprising, pursuasive essay.now I am vegan and thank you sooo much I guess I just had to hear it from someone that writes with logical and heart breaking information and evidence.=)