Save this Earth | Teen Ink

Save this Earth

By David McClain BRONZE, Westland, Michigan
David McClain BRONZE, Westland, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Without the Earth we have no where to live, along with many other organisms. If we don't save the Earth now maybe our children or grandchildren might not be able to see it for long. Our atmosphere is weakening and we have to do something about it fast.

We could plant more trees to create more oxygen to keep the bad air away from the atmosphere, or we could just stop cutting down the rainforest. We are living and we need the space but we aren't the only species on this earth. Saving the rainforest is not only good for us and the atmosphere but also good for the many different species that it homes.

We could try to get as many people as possible to switch to hybrids and other energy saving things to use less fossil fuel for energy and relying more on solar and wind energy. Fossil fuels are destroying our earth and we need to limit the use of it.

Recycling is a great and easy way to help our precious planet. Everyone can help, all they have to do is follow three simple rules; Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

The world is precious and we need to keep it that way.

missy'smom said...
David, This is a good article to submit to the newspaper for Earth Day, April 22. It is a reminder to all of us to do our part in keeping the earth habitable.

swim4ever SILVER, Carol Stream, Illinois

"you can throw in the towel or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your face"
"no one ever drown in their own sweat"

i did like your article but i thought it was a little dry when i read it i felt no enthusism (also please comment on my work as well)

guoguo12 BRONZE, Potomac, Maryland
1 article 1 photo 4 comments
Though breif, this story reflects exactly what we could do to protect our world. However, in the first paragraph, second sentence, "If we don't save the Earth now maybe our children or grandchildren might not be able to see it for long," the word "maybe" and "might" are similar and one of them should be eliminated. The sentence should read "If we don't save the Earth now our children or grandchildren might not be able to see it for long."

CDABC said...
CDABC, Old Tappan, New Jersey
This work is definitely written with a voice from the Earth. However, there is a fine line between environmentalism and alarmism. It's very unlikely that the atmosphere will disappear or the Earth will become inhabitable within a mere hundred years. Also, switching to alternative energy must be done carefully and gradually, because that in and of itself can bring about a whole hoard of issues treading in politics. But nonetheless I agree; we can only help the Earth by being a bit more conscientious early on.

pattyanne said...
Great job David -- very good article.

Bob said...
GREAT JOB David!!! we should all start recycling keep up the good work

Debbie said...
Way to go. You are a great writer. Don't ever stop expressing your thoughts on paper.

4bgsbg said...
GREAT job David!

JKING276 said...
David's artical shows a lot of thought and concern and is well written.

relsg113 said...
Great Story!!!