Don't Let Them Fall... | Teen Ink

Don't Let Them Fall... MAG

It starts. It's really no big deal to begin with, but it becomes a passion. Atfirst it seems fun and a game, but soon you're in a maelstrom of trouble. Thisgame becomes a necessity and you start to lose control. There's nothing you cando without your precious alcohol. Alcohol turns into oxygen: you need it to getthrough your day. It becomes not only your best friend, but your onlyfriend.

It hasn't happened yet, but I see him falling. He's slowlyshrinking his mind, his liver, his personality and self-esteem. It seems bizarre thatsomebody can turn into an alcoholic at the age of eighteen, but it can happen.Don't be surprised when your closest friends start bursting into mad rages andbreaking windows, or when they never want to leave the house without their beeror whatever it takes to drift into their imaginary world, to hide from theirproblems. He'll read this; he'll be mad; he'll deny it, but he can't keep runningforever. There will come a time when he will either fall and never be able to getup or he will accept help. So, watch your friends; don't let them fall.