Feedback to | Teen Ink

Feedback to

By Samoyed-Doggo BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Samoyed-Doggo BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

The poem "My Moon, My Stars, My Confidants" immediately intrigued me from the moment I read its title. The poem begins with "I only told the moon —". This line already establishes eloquently and concisely the strong relationship the narrator has with the glowing celestial being, as well as the glowing pearls that hung alongside the moon later in the poem. The moon and the stars are personified, they all have a desire, just as the narrator of the poem does. Yet, they feel conflict as to what their confidants are, or rather are not, doing. The narrator is consoled by having the moon and stars as close friends, things in the sky that have experienced so much, but tell so little. However, she can't help but think that it is a one-sided relationship, where their confidants know so much about the narrator but the narrator knows nothing of the emotionless, quiet confidants. 

"My Moon, My Stars, My Confidants" delves into the inner conflict of a person over words unspoken to others and enunciates how important it is to express yourself, even if it isn't to another human being. The author, Sena Weaver, perfectly depicts that emotional struggle as well as relief of getting heavy thoughts and feelings off your chest.

AsenathRose GOLD, Chesapeake Beach, Maryland

"Let me be that I am and seek not to alter me,"--Shakespeare

Hey! It's me, the author of the original thingy. I got to say, it was SO shocking to see someone wrote about my work! When I read this, I almost cried. Thank you so much! This is so nice. Also, you're clearly an amazing writer yourself, I can tell just from reading this!