Your Hoodie | Teen Ink

Your Hoodie MAG

By kelsi.lussier BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
kelsi.lussier BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

The fiction piece “Your Hoodie” by Sara Barrish was so beautifully written that I must have read it five times. The scenery was described so well that I could imagine myself in the diner, as the waitress. I can relate to the way that the main character felt very anxious even though she did absolutely nothing wrong. I often find myself feeling that way in similar situations.

Sara wrote, “Occasionally you would look at me, my eyes darting reflexively down at the counter or out the window, hoping you didn’t catch my gaze and mistake it for something sociopathic. When I knew the coast was clear, I would return to gazing at your gorgeous face.” These lines popped out to me because although it doesn’t seem like they were supposed to be funny, I found myself laughing at how true they were. Whenever someone catches me staring at them, I always say a little prayer that they don’t think I look like a psycho. I really hope Sara continues to write, and I hope that I get the opportunity to read more of her work.