LGBTQIA: | Teen Ink

LGBTQIA:

By Arzoo BRONZE, Delhi, Other
Arzoo BRONZE, Delhi, Other

WHAT IS LGBTQIA? I bet most Indians won't even know the answer to that! LGBTQIA stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersexual and Asexual. I really REALLY hate seeing those intersexual people, pleading and begging for some money. WELL, WHY SHOULD WE GIVE THEM MONEY, THEY ARE ALL GOOD TO WORK, THEY DON'T HAVE ANY DISABILITIES. THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO WORK PERFECTLY FINE. Well, no. They can't work. But why? BECAUSE WE INDIANS, WE ARE DISCRIMINATING LGBTQIA. THEY DON'T HAVE JOBS BECAUSE WE, WE DON'T GIVE THEM JOBS! INSTEAD, WE LOOK AT THEM IN DISGUST! Nowadays, even their own PARENTS do not educate them as they think their child(ren) would spoil their image. Parents even ABANDON their children because they aren't like normal human beings. Let's take Rose Venkatesan for example, it took her years to tell her family about how she felt, but when she did, her family was devastated, she was hit by her brother and locked up in a room. She even attempted to commit suicide. She was thrown out of her house and worked in call centre She currently lives with her family who only conditionally accept her. Her mother has broken off all ties and has moved out of their house.

In 2010, she made the decision to get sexual reassignment surgery done in Thailand, something that received significant media attention. I am not at all saying that parents do not respect their child(ren)'s decision on who they want to be, but they cannot be educated. Why? Because they would never get an admission in a decent school. And if the school shows humanity and take them in, they will have a lack of confidence and also they will be bullied a lot by students. NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO LIVE AS A NORMAL HUMAN BEING. THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES, BUT YOU HAVE COME SO FAR, YOU CAN DEAL WITH THE CHALLANGES YOU'RE ABOUT TO FACE, PEOPLE WILL JUDGE, BUT YOU SHOULD LET THEM. AND BELIEVE ME, RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU WILL BE GOD GUIDING YOU ON EVERY PATH, EVERY DECISION YOU TAKE. DON'T LET PEOPLE TAKE YOU DOWN, BECAUSE YOU ARE MEANT TO RISE!

EXTRA QUESTION:

WHY DO PEOPLE DICRIMINATE PEOPLE WHO FALL IN THE LGBTQIA CATEGORY?

People discriminate these type of people because the people who fall in these category aren't like them. They are different, but in my point of view, different in a good way. This article has been made to change people's point of views, how they think LGBTQIA should be treated. In my point of view, the LGBTQIA community has the right to be treated equally, just like us. I want all living things to be treated equally. Parents cannot educate these people just because they fall in a different category. I WANT US TO BE EQUAL. I WANT AMITY IN THIS WORLD. May people judge me, may they try to stop me, but I won't stop from trying to change this world. "PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE CRAZY ENOUGH TO CHANGE THIS WORLD ARE THE ONES WHO ALWAYS DO". 

EXTRAS:

I created a survey to see if people thought that the LGBTQIA community should be treated equally and 62% people disagreed with me. One of them even said that he threw out his boy for being gay. What has happened to this world? I also recieved a response saying "This should be against the law and also I think this is against the Bhagavat Geeta, if not it should be!". I despite these kind of people. But still, there is still some humanity left, atleast 48% agree. I am glad to see there is still somewhat hope left for the LGBTQIA community.

I hope that this article will change people's point of views, people should be allowed to love and be who they want to. One message can make a lot of difference, I hope this one does too. I want this world to change. Humanity is getting lessser and lesser. Discrimination is gettin higher and higher. I want people to change their thinking about LGBTQIA. It's not a bad thing to be a part of this community, instead, it's a good one. This world is cruel and full of challenges that these people will go through, but hopefully, some friendly souls will come by and become a part of their life. Please share this article with everyone you know. DISCRIMINATION SHOULD BE STOPPED, BECAUSE PEOPLE JUDGE, AND THEY JUDGE A LOT.