Are you aware of Autism? | Teen Ink

Are you aware of Autism?

October 22, 2019
By Emaan_zahra_ijaz GOLD, Sharjah, Other
Emaan_zahra_ijaz GOLD, Sharjah, Other
12 articles 14 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life"


Autism Awareness Month was observed in April. Every year during the month, people devote their time towards spreading awareness about the condition. But is raising awareness all there is to it? Are we going to let this valuable time go to waste without taking action?
Let’s think bigger and make a difference. Here are five simple things you can do:

Educate yourself
Learning is the first step to almost anything. Before you spread awareness, it is necessary for you to understand all about autism from a reliable source.

Use social media
Social media gives us the opportunity to reach out to millions of people within seconds. In order to generate awareness, you can create webpages, blogs and social media posts or groups.

Leave no room for confusion
Autism is a sensitive issue and that’s why you should be careful while spreading awareness about it. Additionally, it is equally important to correct people who don’t understand the disorder.

Volunteer
By volunteering at an organisation that seeks to help the autistic, you gain skills and influence others to take action and drive change.