Freedom Matters | Teen Ink

Freedom Matters

Do you ever think about the people in different countries who don’t have freedom? I’ve always wondered; how do they survive? That’s why freedom matters most to me. Freedom matters to me because I am able to make my own choices. Freedom also lets me enjoy all the privileges I get to have in life. It also gives me the right to speak freely.
Freedom matters to me because I get to make my own choices. For example, I am able to pick what type of religion I want to be a part of, whether it’s Catholic, Lutheran or Islam; I don’t have people choosing for me. Most importantly freedom lets me choose who I want to marry, or if I want to have a family. Also, I am able to go to college and choose what occupation I would like to have. I can choose what I want to wear, or how I want to look, which matters to me because I am able to show my personality.
Freedom lets me enjoy all the privileges we have in life. I am allowed to own a home without someone taking it away from me. Freedom also allows me, and a ton of other kids, to have the privilege of a free education.

Freedom gives me the right to speak freely. I am able to state my opinions without the fear of getting in trouble. I can also speak freely about religion and political issues. Not every country is fortunate enough to be able to speak freely, that’s why it’s important to me.
Freedom allows me to enjoy life by giving me choices, privileges, and being able to speak freely. It matters to me because I am able to go through life doing what I want to do and not what someone else wants me to do. Freedom lets everyone express their own personality; they don’t have to live life being ordered by someone else.