a letter to people magizine | Teen Ink

a letter to people magizine

February 26, 2010
By Jezabel PLATINUM, Ricmond, Virginia
Jezabel PLATINUM, Ricmond, Virginia
35 articles 0 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
In the end we will not the remeber the words of your enemys, but the silence of are friends.
~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Dear people magazine,

At the end of the year I look forward to reading the special issue. But as always, I know at one point ill feel sick. As I find the page of the fallen soldiers, glancing threw the names I noticed something. There was only one Canadian. That’s not true, so I decided to do research; I looked up Sgt. Darby T. Morin, the man listed under Canada. He lived in Canada, but he served in the USA army, a good man that died way to soon. But more lives had been taken. Maybe if you printed the other numbers people would see that others are dying. This year Australia-4, Belguim-1, Canada-32, Denmark-7, Estonia-4, France-11, Germany-6, Italy-9, Jordan-1, Latvia-2, Lithuania-1, Netherlands-3, Norway-1, Poland-8, Romania-3, Spain-1, Turkey-2, Uk-108. In total this year, 204 have lost their life, including America, 665. In all 6,259. And the wounded its more then 16,000. But there’s another side, the people whose country were storming into. Civilians 94,939 – 103,588 in Iraq, and it’s not soldiers trained to fight. They are mothers clutching children. They are the old, the young, but mostly the innocent. I’m just 15, but if I can find all this out, so can the rest of this country. Every death is a tragedy, and as for the death of Sgt. Morin. My heart goes out to his family. When I looked up his death I found so much. I can tell he was a good man. I hope one day there will not be a body count. As for the people that don’t care, there might be more Americans, but I think we should remember all the fallen. Even though they don’t salute the same flag as you, they died for the same cause as you.





From,
Jessica K.