imagination | Teen Ink

imagination

You know it’s not my fault, I just happen to have an imagination. It just happened ok. There is no reason to be jealous of me, really. But just look what happened because I had an imagination.

It all started one incanting spring afternoon after TC (Torture Castle a.k.a school.) I was sitting on the beach with my “best friend” Casmir, Her light blonde hair glittering in the sun. We were discussing the writing assignment that Miss. Damara had made us do.
“OMG, I can’t believe that you liked it!” Casmir said in bewilderment.
“OMG, I can’t believe you didn’t like it!” I answered in amusement. “Miss. Damara is such a passionate writing teacher, she inspired me.”
“Wow, corny much?” she joked. We laughed together for the last time.
“No, Lily the real reason I wanted to come out here was that I wanted to tell you I don’t want to be your friend anymore.” She said it so excitedly, that you might have though she was a jock recalling the first time she strapped on a jock strap, but that’s not the point! The point was what she said, not how she said it.
“What?” Is all I could manage.
“I mean that it is time for you and me to not be friends anymore.” She said, then she smiled at me. Just like that, she just opened up her mouth and gave me a HUGE toothy grin.
“Why?” Again, is all I could manage.
“I feel as if me and you are to different. I mean think about you like writing, I don’t. You like red I like purple. You have an imagination…” She kept using her fingers as a checklist…of reasons that we can’t be friends anymore.
I just stared at her blankly, I knew Casmir could be mean, but this was evil.
“I’m sorry Lily, see you at TC!” She got up and walked away like she just won the award of the biggest ego of girl world.

I’m not going to tell you the rest of the sorry, if you want to know what happened. Watch the movie Mean Girls and you will get a pretty good idea, excepted with the happy ending: and me turning all mean, and coming from Africa, and all the Burn Book drama.