Giving Life My All | Teen Ink

Giving Life My All

In this world, and in this age and time, we all need to strive for excellence and to learn and discover as much as the world has to offer. There are so many mysteries that are itching to be uncovered every single day that it is practically mind boggling. If we do not persevere to unleash the secrets within the earth and within ourselves, we have failed in our attempts to be competent, living people.
I have a dream, a dream that one day I will be able to do as Martin Luther, Martin Luther King Jr., Brad Pitt, George Washington, and Oprah Winfrey did and are doing. I wish to combine leadership, perseverance, and resources together to evoke a change in the world, to unite people and give every single person a chance to learn, and learn, and learn, until there is no possible way to learn more. There are many people who could contribute much to our society, if they only had the resources to do so. It is a terrible waste to let those able minds sit and wither away.
Ever since I can remember, I have had aspirations dealing with educating myself and other people. Some of the careers that I have considered include dentistry, physical therapy, family medicine, marine biology, surgery, and pharmacy. I have wanted to have these careers because I have believed, and still do believe, that the best gift of life is one spent in service. By giving the promise of an education and a better hope for the future, and by ensuring that people are healthy and are able to give back to the community in which they live are some of the greatest joys in life. My goals to achieve in university are to get a doctorate in pharmacology and masters in education and political science because I wish to heal and also to teach those people that have fewer resources than I do.
I sincerely hope that I will be able to attain the goal that I have set for myself, not only because I want to good for the sake of God, but also because I covet the chance to prove to myself and the world that I can do anything that I set my mind to. Helping others who are less fortunate than I am to fulfill their own potential would be the best life for me. I hope to be able to freely dispense medicine and medical care to those with needs, and to go on mission trips to places where my help may be needed, even if it means making sacrifices. I wish to make awareness and provide funding for the cure of AIDS, breast cancer, prostate cancer, autism, and etc. because in order to have a functioning Earth, we need to be able to find cures for those people whose input in running the world is crucial.
We all have a purpose in life, whether it may be running a business, becoming an educator, becoming a doctor/missionary, or even becoming parents, but the most important thing is to never lose sight of who you are and what you desire to accomplish.