What Matters | Teen Ink

What Matters

March 28, 2008
By Anonymous

There are only a few things that you would consider to matter in my daily life. These include some ethics and morals that can get you by in life. I think humans should have respect for each other for starters. If I said anything in this world that would actually matter, respect would be at the top of my list. Respect can make someone’s day; it also has the power to ruin somebody’s day in a heartbeat. It can go a long way with me and I try to show it in all occasions on a daily basis. As far as somebody’s personal life goes, I think if you show people respect you will find the same in return and thus have a much more prosperous life.

If you want to be successful you have to be at the top of your game. This may include the simple things like being on time, being friendly, and respectful to other people. These may not be topics that I try to exert but it is some things that in the professional world will otherwise not be tolerated. The work world and my world are two different things, some issues may intermingle but most of the grinding and competition in this world force me to break my rules to get ahead.

Other then these things, my family matters the most to me in this world. Anyone who becomes close to me means a whole lot to me. My parents are the first ones thought about in this category, they brought and raised me thus I have tremendous respect for them and if anything were to happen to them it would be the worst day of my life.