To My Brother | Teen Ink

To My Brother

February 23, 2022
By Grace_Hurst GOLD, Keizer, Oregon
Grace_Hurst GOLD, Keizer, Oregon
15 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Ironic init?


You've always loved facts, and I'm not sure why. Maybe because they make you think, make you wonder. Maybe you want to show how smart you really are. But I think it's because facts stay facts forever. 

Here's a fact: It will always be me and you, you and me. It's cliche, I know, but it will always be Grace and Justice, Justice and Grace, forever. 

Though once you were only my little brother, now you are so much more. You are my best friend, my parther in crime, my ride-or-die. You're brilliant, and funny, and honest, and so much more than my brother. 

I am your big sister, the one who will always be there to fight the monsters under your bed, answer your questions, shoulder your tears. Even if you tower over me by six inches, I want to be your biggest fan, your helping hand, your real-life superhero. 

I will always love you and that's a fact. 

So when life gets hard, when the mountain is too tall to climb, just remember that some things never change. Facts stay facts forever.


The author's comments:

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.

Proverbs 17:17