What is important to me? | Teen Ink

What is important to me?

By Laiya94 SILVER, Ny, New York
Laiya94 SILVER, Ny, New York

"a bird cannot fly high unless using his own wings." : (an old Jewish proverb)

What is important to me?
Have I ever thought about this? About what is important to me?
I am thinking about this now and I really can’t figure it out. The first thoughts that flit to my brain are superficial. Looks, grades, having fun, getting my license, basically what any 16 year old girl wants. All those things definitely are important. They form who a person is and enables them to be physically happy. But there is much more to what we desire. Life isn’t all about the here and now, it’s about what I will want in the future for myself, my husband, and my kids. Looks, grades, and having fun are important, but there is so more to life. There is another world after this one, a perfect world where everything makes sense. A world where there is only black and white, and no gray. A world where you see the reasons behind pain and hunger and death. That world is the next world, which we will reach eventually. But we are in this world for a reason. To fulfill the unique purpose that we were created for. To strengthen our souls and better prepare ourselves for the next world. The things that are important to us affect our actions, which may affect who we are in the next world.
The things that really, truly matter are family, friends, and life fulfillment, to name a few. I don’t know if we realize it, but family may very well be one of the most important things in life. We have no choice which parents we are born to. We are put into a family that is perfect for us and can help us become the best person that we can be. We are souls that are put into bodies on this world. Family is something that humans will always have. One can always return to them even if it seems that the world has abandoned them.
Friends are a key factor in our lives. A friend can affect us, either for the good or bad. A true friend is someone who understands and accepts me for who I truly am. Having people in our lives like this can influence us in ways that we may never understand.
Another very important thing is life fulfillment. Humans are created to have a purpose. Ask any person who is bored with too much time on their hands if they are happy. Chances are, they won’t be. We need intellectual stimulation. We need to feel needed and loved, and if we aren’t, then we are deeply unhappy. We are humans. We are not just a kind of glorified animal; we are a higher being and a spiritual creation, and we need to understand this.
So what IS important to me at this point in my life? I know that it is something deeper than just materialistic things. It is something that stirs my soul when I experience it. It is something that forces me to realize that there is a deeper meaning to life, beyond the physical and the Here and Now. It is something that changes who we are and shapes and forms our lives into what the Creator made it to be.

Laiya94 SILVER said...
Laiya94 SILVER, Ny, New York

yeah i realized after i wrote it that it sounded like one of your articles but i changed it a bit so it wasnt as much:)

dude call me we got a test tomorow!

McSparks said...
hey again-its me, DA (AKA: the Deenster)!! (; this concept sounds a lil' bit like an article i once wrote....but dont woorry u added ur own little twist to it-just kidding,lol-it was great ur a fantastic writer n i cant wait 4 more articles from ya!!!