The End Is Here | Teen Ink

The End Is Here

By freedomwriter7 PLATINUM, T-town, Illinois
freedomwriter7 PLATINUM, T-town, Illinois

"Nothing we learn in this world is ever wasted." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

ThinkGeek asks: did you know that Vulcans eat cookies only once every seven years?

For many fans, the conclusion of the Harry Potter book series is still fresh. For others, it has faded and become a bittersweet memory. But for all, this time a more final goodbye, is inevitable.
The Harry Potter franchise has become one of the most extensive of any series. “Highly successful” would be a nonchalant understatement, and as a dedicated fan, one I will refrain from using. Even to Muggles, the extraordinary reach of Rowling’s work is stupefying.
To fans of the series, the final part of the Deathly Hallows release feels like the end. For so many of us, the books and movies are landmarks for our own comings-of-age. As Harry, Ron, and Hermione grew up, so did we. At the time when the discovered they had feelings for one another, we were blushing and acting in the same way. When the first dance came around, we were stumbling about on two left feet as well.
In a way, this is not the last movie in a series. It is more than that. It is the last time we are with our friends before we separate and move into the world. It is the conclusion to our childhood, the time where almost everything is known and sure.
Now, nothing is promised. The real world is frightening and there are wars we actually have to fight. Now, the real lessons begin. And that, my friends, is what the final movie signifies. Laughter and tears, sorrow and cheers, will abound. Mark the fifteenth of July on your calendars now! And don’t forget to manage some mischief.

I wrote this because, out of all the pieces I have read in my life, the Harry Potter series is unquestionably one of my favorites. It is timeless, unforgettable. I hope that people will remember how much they love it, or remember how much they love something similar. And most of all, I want people to remember how books can make us dream.