The Author's Battle | Teen Ink

The Author's Battle

March 13, 2013
By Spiderkitty BRONZE, White Water, California
Spiderkitty BRONZE, White Water, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One of the most difficult things a writer has to go through is writers block. As Kurt Vonngutonce said, “Who is more to be pitied, a writer bound and gagged by policemen or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say?”. Almost anyone and everyone who has ever written anything have experienced this. Whether you’re an author writing a novel, or a scholar writing an essay you are bound to encounter writers block sooner or later. This doesn’t always happen in the beginning of your writing. You could be mid-paragraph and suddenly lose your train of thought, then BAM writers block hits you like an oncoming train. Musicians also experience writers block. Even artists, this is known as artists block. One of the perks of writers block is the satisfaction of beating it! That great feeling of finally coming up with something great enough to put to paper! While stressful at first, writers bloke usually ends with great rejoice! So fight on authors! You will beat it!


The author's comments:
I wrote this because i was experiencing a major writers block. so what better thing to write about then the thing holding you back?