Teenagers Suck | Teen Ink

Teenagers Suck

By readingredhead33 SILVER, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
readingredhead33 SILVER, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

life sucks. then you die.

Of course when you become a teenager you start to feel different about family and friends and school and pretty much everything. God I'm going through that now. I'm really starting to well...HATE my family. I find so much more irrating than before, they seem to fight more, yell more, and my little brother and sister seem to bug me every minute of every day.

Is this whats it like to be a teenager? If it is, it completely sucks.

I'm still the normal happy me, the goofy, total werido. But maybe I am changing somehow. Do I seem more sad and dumber? I wouldn't care if I was or not but still...

I really hope I don't become one of those teenagers who text non-stop and always wear American Eagle and Hollister and all those other kind of name-brand clothes. They make me so mad.

And I REALLY don't want to become one of those kids that sit in the corner of the room and sulk and never do homework. Whatever happened to when teenagers and even kids at the age of like ten or nine could speak French and write 200 paged novels in like 20 minutes?

I miss when kids were like that, when we always behaved and weren't T.V zombies and didn't spend insane amounts of time on the computer. Why can;t we be like that? Teenagers suck.

Teenage writer writing about how she hates teenagers...funny.

Teens have always been "dumb", for a lack of better words. The kids who read novels all day and speaks 7 foreign languages? A rarity even in the past. That idealistic fantasy never existed.

There's nothing wrong with being another teenager. That's what's expected of you! Don't guilt yourself in not being able to find your own identity; you've got the rest of your life to figure that out.

No shame in conformity, because until you are a part of the group, you do not know where else to turn towards.

TheCodeHero BRONZE, Elgin, Illinois

Write here, write now.

this is completely correct and sounds like it comes straight from the heart. i know how you feel...im starting to feel more self-concious, esp. about clothes, hair, and things that really dont matter in the long run. hopefully i can just be myself...but its getting harder to determine exactly what that means. anyway, thanks so much...and keep writing!

Vexa said...
wow that's gonna make some people stop and think. i totally understand; i'm not a big texter, and i DEFNITELY don't wear name-brand clothes (or at least that i know of. XD) and everything's about sex. no one's interested until it involves sex, violence, drugs... whatever. it really bugs me. what happened to us?

jbent72596 said...
i feel the exact same way i dont want to be freaky or preppy i dont know actually im not sure how people would describe me keep writing this is great