Actor - Kristen Stewart | Teen Ink

Actor - Kristen Stewart MAG

At 16, Kristen Stewart is not afraid of intense roles, including Jodie Foster's daughter in “Panic Room,” the protagonist in “Speak,” and a troubled teen in “The Messengers.” This month, “In the Land of Women” opens with Kristen playing a teen dealing with high school, peer pressure, and a difficult relationship with her mother. The film also stars Meg Ryan and Adam Brody.

In “In the Land of Women,” you are a painter, but what are your real-life hobbies?

I read a lot of books, and I'm a writer. That's what I'm mainly into. I just love putting the words together. I'm really in love with words. I play guitar; I love going to shows. I'm kind of a homebody.

What is your favorite book?

I actually have two. I just finished Cannery Row by John Steinbeck, which was really intense. The other is The Stranger by Albert Camus, that was heavy.

You've worked with Jodie Foster and now Meg Ryan. How were those experiences?

So different. I was little when I worked with Jodie, so I wasn't taking notes. Just being around someone like that for months when you're so young and such a sponge ... she probably affected the way I work.

Jodie doesn't take things too seriously, she just acts. I mean, of course, she thinks about it, but Meg takes things very seriously - in the best way. You can tell she really cares about her work a lot, and that's really important.

In terms of acting styles, was it very different working with Meg, Adam and Makenzie Vega?

They were all so different. Working with Adam and Makenzie was a lot of fun, but my scenes with Meg were intense. There was a lot of tension between us, a lot of distance. I liked working with her; I felt we were both very satisfied with what came out. After a scene with Meg it was like, “Oh, we nailed it.”

What is your relationship with your mother like? Will your new movie help mothers and daughters better understand each other?

I'm really lucky, because I have a picture-perfect relationship with my parents. But I definitely see my friends in Lucy and her mom's relationship, I feel like that dynamic is very typical. This movie will open people's eyes.

How do you choose roles?

It's always different. The movies I've been interested in have been because of the prospect of working with the filmmaker and a certain director. Sometimes I'll do a movie because there are one or two scenes I really want to do, something that's different. I think it's important to do movies that are worth watching, something that makes you think.

If you weren't acting, what would you do?

I would want to write screenplays. But, if I had to have a practical job, if acting fell through, I couldn't imagine working anywhere but on a movie set. I would want to work in props or the art department.

What advice would you give others interested in acting?

If there is anything you really want to do, you have to give it a shot. Otherwise you're going to hold onto it forever and just regret it. You should have no regret.

People always ask actors for advice and it's like wow, you're asking us? I don't know how enlightening we can be. We're just people.

i'v seen that movie it was good i loved it

meganxox SILVER, Park City, Utah
Good job. Wow, your lucky only because you got to meet the star of TWILIGHT! I'm surprised she didn't put TWILIGHT as one of her favorite books...lol! Oh, and thanks for the advice with acting! :-0

GraceGallows PLATINUM, Plainville, Massachusetts
she has my name!! lol

Jacks said...
Good Job playing Bella in the move "Twilight" it was so intense and intreging. I saw part of the movie, and now i am inspired to read the books! Nice.

i think u did really well in twilight and i can't belive that u did not mention twilight.

vampluv11 GOLD said...
vampluv11 GOLD, Saugerties, New York

Go ask Alice.

Kudos on finding something other than Twilight to talk about with her; I'm sure she must be tired of talking about it. As much as I am in LOVE with Twilight, I bet she appreciated the break. Maybe there could have been something there about Adventure Land...?

Love_Kills_the_Blind PLATINUM, Fort Collins, Colorado

"Never regret anything, at one point its exactly what you wanted."

I've loved Kristen Stewart in the two movies I've seen her in and now i cant wait for "In The Land Of Woman" comes out!!! This was an amazing interveiw too! Kudos to whom ever did this!!!

LikeBam! SILVER, Myrtle, Missouri
WOW! I wish it could've been a tad longer, however the info you got was great! I love<3 Kristen Stewart! Soooo beautiful.

DannieJ. BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
Great work. I luv Twilight! So it was like so cool to hear about one of the actors! Plus i just ADORE interviews! U get so much info!

Wow, this was really informative. I really love Twilight, so it was pretty cool to hear from one of the actors.

Moviegroovy BRONZE, New York City, New York

Life is short, eat dessert first!

Oh my gosh I love Kristen! especially in Twilight! and book!

Jilybeanrb SILVER, Prentiss, Mississippi

"Margo was not a miracle. She was not an adventure. She was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl." ~Paper Towns

Awe this was great. I absolutely adore Kristen Stewart, she's an incredible actress.

angelalnhm said...
i never pictured you to be so down to earth.

and all of yor movie's are great by the way.

i really want to become an actress so thanks for the encouragement.

ps.I LOVE TWILIGHT

taylor_raven said...
omfg i love the movie and you and the books i want to act but im scard :( (ahhhhhh)

edwardrox14 said...
I love twilight!!!!! Kristen Stewart did an amazing job playin Bella.

Twilight is a good book and i hope da muvie is as good as they say. Also, as good as they show it on the commercials. The whole series is very entertaining and amusing. It keeps you glued to da book. Stephenie Meyers is a good writer.

Good interview. but the movie was HORRIBLE! Nothing like the book at all. I suppose that if i hadnt read the book five times first, i would have liked it. but it definatly didn't follow the book.

Emmett said...
Hey, dude i like totally love both of those movies. Also in the movie Catch that Kid I love all of the movies that your in u are like my favorite actress in the world and i am really glad that played bella in the movie Twilight Thanx Kristen

tarshis said...
I think the book Twilight was one of the best books I have ever read, mostly because I love love storys. I saw the movie Friday night,and I would give it a A-,or a B compared to the book.