Ms. Lambert | Teen Ink

Ms. Lambert

April 16, 2024
By AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
32 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
Look, I didn't want to be a halfblood."


I hate math, especially Algebra. I’ve never been very good at either, which didn’t help. So, when I started high school, I thought that Algebra II and III would be the death of me. I expected to despise it, but that was before I met Ms. Lambert. Ms. Lambert is a ninth-grade Algebra II, Algebra III, and PreCalculus teacher who changed my outlook on math.

On August 22, I walked into my first Algebra II class, ready to cry over my math work. But, I walked out of that class with perfectly dry eyes. Ms. Lambert actually explained the work  and she made it make sense! Unlike middle school, I wasn’t just guessing and memorizing random formulas. I was understanding the work and getting the answers right! Even though my grades weren’t the greatest at first, I was actually doing my homework because I could look at the page and not see a foreign language. Ms. Lambert made math feel like math again!

Not only is Ms. Lambert great at teaching, but she makes learning fun! When it’s time to do collaborative work, she splits us up by handing us cards with all sorts of symbols. It can be anything from a graph to the SnapChat logo. These cards ensure that students get to know other students, which is important in our small school. Not to mention, Ms. Lambert owns a magician hat! Whenever math seems, dare I say, “magical”, Ms. Lambert will wear her magician hat, which never fails to make students smile. I speak for everyone when I say that Ms. Lambert has made math actually feel like magic. One minute, I don’t know anything and the next, I can solve the equation on my own!

Ms. Lambert is always there for students. She hosts tutoring sessions after school where she helps students and makes sure they understand. As an attendee, I can confirm that they are very helpful. Multiple students also go to Ms. Lambert's classroom for lunch and she’s always involved in the conversations, genuinely wanting to have a good bond with students. She’s even part of our Frisbee Club! We meet after school every Friday and Ms. Lambert is always out there playing with the students, rain or shine. 

To sum it up, Ms. Lambert is one of the best teachers I ever had. I have never had a day in her class where I did not smile. Ms. Lambert is excellent at teaching and lots of fun to be around. There are teachers that don’t care about actually teaching, but I can assure that Ms. Lambert is not one of them. She cares about her students, and her students care about her. If anyone deserves to be Educator of the Year, it’s the magical Ms. Lambert.


The author's comments:

Please disregard my earlier submission. :)

I LOVE MS. LAMBERT!!!