Best Coach | Teen Ink

Best Coach

By SoccerStar10 BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
SoccerStar10 BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

A great coach is also a great friend. Me and my assistant soccer coach have been through thick and thin together. He is funny, nice, and a great coach. I'm going to tell some fun times that I have been through with him. His name is Dave, we call him David sometimes, and he is amazing.

First, I'm going to tell about the good fun times that I've had with him. Like one weekend we had a tournament in Twin Falls, Dave rode up there with me and my Dad! It was lots of fun; we made jokes, listened to some good music, and laughed out loud the whole way! It was so much fun, but that wasn't the half of it. When we finally arrived at the motel we got checked in and went to put our bags away. The motel was nicer than I thought it would be, but my Dad and I had to share one bed. Dave was in the room right next to us, which was cool because he could come over any time and hang out with us, and watch futbol with us. When all the girls got to the motel we all took paint and painted the cars with Shock colors, which is the name of our team. After that we all went out to dinner as a team, we were all starving from the ride up so we ate a lot. When we got back to the rooms it was around 10 o'clock and we had a game in the morning so everyone went to bed to get a good start in the morning. After our game we had to pack all of our things and we were moving to a different hotel.

The next morning we won our third game then we had a little snack because we had another game that afternoon. But first we go tour stuff packed and went to the other hotel which was much nicer than the first one. We stayed at that hotel the rest of the weekend; it was fun at the pool and having room service! We won the championship and headed home with a medal around our necks.

Dave rode with me and my Dad again and we had a fun time other than I slept most of the way. My coach has helped me a lot with my soccer skill and teamwork; he will always be the best coach and the coach of the year in my eye.

i love to play soccer and my coach has had a big influence on the way i play and work with the team.