To be or Not To Be | Teen Ink

To be or Not To Be

By Kingkhaos GOLD, Prosser, Washington
Kingkhaos GOLD, Prosser, Washington

Ama-za-zing

I would like to nominate Carol Rivera, my English teacher at Prosser High School. Miss Rivera teaches the class “Creative Writing 3” for juniors and seniors during my sixth period class. Before entering her class, I detested writing with a passion. Now I mostly enjoy my writing, with the exception of some topics like everyone else. Miss Rivera makes class enjoyable and supports the students under her watch. But the interest and support does not stop at current students. She is upbuilding and loves all her students, past as well as present, and is ready to help whenever they ask. When we, her students, have questions for Miss Rivera, she is extremely willing to take the time to listen and talk with us on a “one-to-one” basis. If we don’t understand something, a phrase, an article, or just some instructions, she’ll try to re-word it or explain another way so we can understand. I nominate Miss Rivera for Educator of the Year for her loving manner and upbuilding attitude displayed towards all.