Shawn Bowser | Teen Ink

Shawn Bowser

February 6, 2015
By Middle SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Middle SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"If they do not now accept our terms, they may expect a rain of ruin from the air the likes of which has never been seen on this earth." -President Truman


My teacher Mr. Bowser is a guy you won’t get to know until you’ve met him. As his name implies, he’s an evil turtle who loves stealing Mario’s princess every time he can. Not only that but he’s a great coach for our small robotics team, trying to help us get our robots built and ready for our competitions.
Mr. Bowser is a great teacher who fits his role. While his tests and quizzes have the same questions and answers and lots of typos, he gets the job done. I’ve learned a lot from robotics, such as encoders and rules for our upcoming competitions. We don’t get too much work or too little. The work we get is useful for our class and fun to learn.
Our teacher is great at helping us students, too. He’s always answering our questions and showing us where those wrenches are. At competitions, he lets us do our thing and interact with the lot. If we have a problem, we can turn to him. He may not know the answer to every problem but just being there helps us out. He keeps the team calm and makes sure we don’t panic to get our robot done.
Even though Mr. Bowser can get angry and spit fire, he’s a really nice person. I’ve known him since 7th grade and he’s always been a hard-working teacher. Now, in high school, he hasn’t changed. He’s still great at his job and a great coach, helping us through problems with our robot or other things. He’s like a friend to us, laughing and working hard right by our side.
My teacher may sound like just another person, but he’s really not. Of all my teachers, Mr. Bowser was the first to come to my mind. He’s a funny man with great things about him, and I like that about my robotics teacher. Everyone on our team would agree that he’s an evil turtle who’s actually a really nice coach.


The author's comments:

my teacher