Define 'Normal' | Teen Ink

Define 'Normal'

By JessixMathers GOLD, Urbana, Illinois
JessixMathers GOLD, Urbana, Illinois

No matter where you run I'll be right there, right behind you, in your nightmares - Eminem <3

I am commonly told I'm not normal, I wouldn't care about these comments if someone could just tell me what normal is. Honestly, is it normal to have tattoos? Is it normal to wear skirts or jeans or shorts? When i ask people to define normal some people say "It's being like everyone else" I then ask "What makes everyone else normal? Everyone is different" and they have nothing else to say. So why do people say I'm not normal? Well because I'm a girl who enjoys violence and sad endings,one who hates rap music but is in love with Eminem, one who likes to be hated and lives to be judged. Yeah I like being judged, I get this weird satisfaction from people thinking I'm weird or different. I have multiple personalities but not because I'm fake, but because I try to have a variety of people around me, the preps the guys the emos the depressed the always-happy-no-matter-what people the comedians the ghetto type, the nerds, whatever is there. You see when you have a variety of friends you're gonna have multiple personalities, just because of that desire to be wanted or 'popular' the typical teen always has this desire whether they admit it or not. I admit I tell everyone I would rather spend my whole life alone then be suffocated by the care of others, when honestly the thought of being alone for the rest of my life scares the living hell out of me. I tell people that I think kissing is gross and I'll never do it when my dream is to be with the one I love forever and ever and to kiss in the pouring rain. I'm getting off topic here, anyways my point of this whole article is that no one is normal, normal doesn't exist.Like the inspiring words of Dr.Suess "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" feel free to disagree. But before you have your heart set on normal existing do me a favor and define normal.

Tired of people saying I'm not normal