The First Time I Went Ice Skating | Teen Ink

The First Time I Went Ice Skating

January 29, 2015
By yesnia suazo BRONZE, Bronx Ny, New York
yesnia suazo BRONZE, Bronx Ny, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 It was an early sunny December day. I was going Ice skating in bryant park it was a big line to go inside the skating ring. My brother, sister, uncle and I were mad because the line was so long. I heard people “saying damn this line is long.” We stood outside for like 3 to 4 hours. When we waited that long we got inside then we went to go buy the skates. We went to go sit down and put on the skates and put our shoes in the locker.

When I got inside the ring I was going to fall down so I went to the wall. Then I saw my uncle and he told me to hold on to the back of his sweater so I did. When I was holding on of the back of his sweater while he was skating I wanted to try by myself so I  tried to go in front of him. Instead of going in front of him I fell down my leg twisted and then my uncle fell on top of my leg. My uncle got up and told me to get up i told him I couldn’t because my leg was hurting. Then the skate guards came and asked me if I could get up I said “no” then they said “can you try to get up” I tried but I couldn't. They told me to sit down for a little bit. So I did.

When I got up to sit down on the chair I told my uncle that i couldn’t walk that good,he asked me if my leg hurts I then said “duhh you fell on top of it” then he started laughing and said “sorry” I said to him if you was sorry you wouldn’t be laughing. He then said sorry again. I said its ok i went to sit down and my uncle said “I'm gonna go around three times and then come back to you. I said “ok.” I didn’t want to wait for him so I got up and started skating then he asked if my legs was still hurting I said “yes’’ he said you look good to me I said I guess.