God's Faithfulness | Teen Ink

God's Faithfulness

October 18, 2018
By Anonymous

As a Christian, life is not always easy for me. I tend to struggle with schoolwork, feeling lonely, or even fighting the temptation to follow the world’s way of life. But somehow thanks to God, I have managed to stay away from all that. The fact is without God’s faithfulness, I’m not sure where I would be.

Throughout my life and especially now in high school, God has always been faithful to me. He has given me two great parents who love me, one brother who I love very much, I have a roof over my head and a place to sleep, and much more. From what you can see, it may seem like life is okay and God is for me.

But, being a Christian doesn’t mean that life will always be easy. There will still be hardships in life. But thanks to what God did through his son (Jesus), we don’t have to walk through life alone. Jesus told us in John 16:33 that “Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). And as I meditate on this verse, I start to realize something. The more problems come my way, the more I learn to 

depend on God to get me through them.

So when life gets ruff I not only have to depend on God but, I also have to pray. Prayer is another important part of the Christian Life. Paul (an apostle who taught who taught the gospel of Christ) encourages us in Ephesians 6:18 to “Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion” (Ephesians 6:18). Some people may say that God doesn’t answer prayer, and sometimes it may seem that way. But as I continue to learn, prayer, is a really good tool. It is a way for us to connect with God and spend time with Him. Through prayer, God can give us strength when we feel weak, He gives us peace, and gives us His Holy Spirit to guide us and help us make right decisions.

Finally, another thing that I do when life gets ruff is, I sing. Singing is one way that we can praise God for all he has done. In Psalm 100 it tells us to “Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good” (Psalm 100:4-5). Also, even when we may go through hard times God still wants us to praise him and trust Him to work things out for our good.

In the end as I continue to live for God, I pray that more people will start to see Him through me. And as I allow God to take over my life and work in me and through me it will not be me who people will see, it will be God who they see!