New York, My home | Teen Ink

New York, My home

By JulianMills BRONZE, Sacramento, California
JulianMills BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Im knowing what you need but what you want from me

New York, My home

New York, The big city, The Bronx. All names I am proud to call my home. From the oversized pizza and hot dogs to the Statue of LIberty. I love it all, every bit of it. So many huge and luxury hotels, houses, and apartments for low prices. The scent of a Mr.Softy and Papa Murphys in every corner. And too top it off the people here are so friendly and nice all the time.

Okay pause, I left some major things about New York that you should know. In every corner someone is smoking something whether it's weed or a cigarette. The looks people give you for just walking to the corner store is crazy. The amount of poverty in every corner is so crazy and no one does anything about it. The cops here are too violent torse us. I watched a close family friend get mistreated by a cop and they act as if they didnt do nothing.

The reason no one does anythings about people smoking is because no one stops it, No one cares because we have all been doing it since a young age. People give you that mugging look because we all grew up the same way. Hostile and Paranoid. The poverty is cause by the lack of kids in school and ditching because they don't stop them. And for the cops, there is no reason they act as they do, and there is nothing we can do about it.

But aye what can we do, This isn't in our hands