Near the Finish Line | Teen Ink

Near the Finish Line

May 20, 2019
By Anonymous

I am very astatic because I feel that as the holidays approach life is getting more jolly. For the first time this school year I have something to truly look forward to, and that’s the holidays. Like most people I really enjoy the holidays. I usually don’t like school that much mainly because I hate waking up early. This year with Thanksgiving right around the corner I feel like I have so much to be happy, and thankful for. For one I looked online to see how much my paycheck would come out to, and saw that I actually received a raise from my boss without even being told about it. I’m so happy about this not only because I’ve been busting myself for the past 8 months, but also because I can finally buy good gifts for my family members this Christmas with my own money. I also am so excited because my best friend and I were supposed to go to this concert together in October, but didn’t. She was very busy with soccer at the time, and the concert was in Milwaukee so the drive there and back would just be too much. We were both disappointed because the band was Fleetwood Mac, and we weren’t sure when the next time we’d be able to see them if there’s a next time. Well we found out that due to high demands they extended their tour dates and would be returning to Chicago. My friend and I then purchased really good tickets and we’re going to see them in March of 2019. In addition, I’m already going to the United Center December 6, 2018, to see Travis Scott, Trippie Redd, Gunna, and Sheck Wes. It’s Travis Scott’s concert, but they’ll all be performing there. I love each of those rappers and I couldn’t be more excited to see them! I just feel that as the holidays approaching I’ve gotten the opportunities to plan things out that will make my school year more fun. I couldn’t be more grateful to have all these things to look forward to, and it's perfect timing all of this occured right before Thanksgiving.


The author's comments:

This was a self-directed entry that I wrote. It was during a confusing time period of my life. A lot had been occuring, and small events helped make the school year pass by faster.