Where Do I Start? | Teen Ink

Where Do I Start?

May 31, 2019
By cait_edwards27 BRONZE, Swansea, Other
cait_edwards27 BRONZE, Swansea, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
" Not all who wonder are lost " - J.R.R Tolkien


Well, to be honest, I don't know.  I guess I should have thought about that pre-hand but Its a bit too late now. Introductions seem like a good place to start. Hi, I'm Caitlin. How are you? I may not have as much experience as some other people you could be listening to, or should I say reading about, but the experience I do have puts me in a position where I can offer different perspectives on things than most people.


 I know some of you are asking the "What on earth are you on about?" question. I'm Christadelphian. But that's not even scratching the surface of what makes me different to most people I know.  I haven't had the easiest life growing up, but that said doesn't mean it was the worst thing ever either. I've had my ups and downs and I've found that writing about it kind of helps me a bit.


So what makes me different exactly? Well, that's a difficult question mostly because its a matter of opinion so to stay o the safe side-ish I'm just going to use what other people have said to differentiate what makes me different. 1. I'm adopted. 2. I'm Christadelphian. 3. I'm not afraid to stand up for what I want or believe in. 4. I'm a model (apparently I can't believe in god and follow my dreams). 5. I'm a songwriter who can't read music. 6. I'm 'weird' and so are my family. 7. I don't go out to parties much. 8. I can 'read' people (I can interpret emotions and actions very well). 9. My best friends are all at least 2 years older than me. 10. I have a connection with my dreams and my music.


I also have some very strange talents: I know the lyrics to almost every song I've heard in the last few years, I can sense how things will play out based on the music that I associate with that scenario, I can remember the face of everyone I've ever met... There are a few more but they're nothing to do with this. I'm not sure how the others are anything to do with my blog but considering it's about but I guess I'll refer to them at some point.
that's it for my first post. 


The author's comments:

this piece is the starting point of what may turn out to be a book with some minor edits. I have always found that writing is one of the best forms of making sense of a situation. I hope you like it.