A Million Wishes | Teen Ink

A Million Wishes

By mms67 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
mms67 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

I wish I could be a lot of things. I wish I was smarter. I wish I was prettier. I wish I was a better person. I wish I could be organized all of the time. I wish I didn’t care so much about what other people thought. I wish I could make the right decision every time. I wish I never made mistakes. I wish I was a perfect daughter. I wish I was a perfect sister. I wish I could eat healthier. I wish I could go to bed on time. I wish I could be the person I want to be. The list of wishes could go on forever, but that is not what matters in life. What matters is what you are. 

I am not what I wish. I make mistakes. I am not always organized. I make bad decisions and I have regrets. I am not a perfect daughter or a perfect sister. I care a lot about what other people think. I stay up late and I don’t always eat healthy. And yeah, maybe I am not the person that I wish I was and I never will be that person, but that is because I am human. The person that I wish I could be is perfect, but nobody can ever be perfect. Our imperfections make us who we are. 

I don’t know who I am going to be yet, but I know who I am now. I am a daughter and a sister and I love my family with all of my heart. I am a competitive gymnast and a teammate. I am someone who has found an amazing group of friends. I am a gymnastics coach. I am a high school student at Arrowhead. I am kind and I am quiet, until you get to know me. I am a procrastinator. I am someone who hopes to attend the Air Force Academy for college. I am me.